Happy New Year!
We are excited to share with you some of the many ways in which your partnership
during 2015 helped bring hope, peace and joy to the community of Pignon, Haiti.
Top 10 of 2015
- The Kids: There are 55 beautiful children living in the Children’s Home that is being supported by Loving Haiti. That means 20 more children (than the 35 children we met five years ago) are receiving nourishment: physically, spiritually and emotionally, as well as an education and the connection of being part of a ‘family.’ We are happy to announce that a local nurse has also begun visiting the children twice a week to perform medical check-ups. What a gift!
- Microloans: What a joy it has been to see the effect of microloans on individuals and their small businesses in Pignon, Haiti. Since starting the microloan program in 2014, 16 zero interest microloans have been issued among six local business/citizens in Pignon.
- New School: Phila Academie de Petits, the new pre-k and kindergarten school, opened in September adjacent to the already existing elementary school, Philadelphia Baptist School. An impressive staff of teachers has been recruited to teach at the Academie, which consists of three classroom levels totaling 45 students.
- Visitors: Pignon, Haiti welcomed Loving Haiti visitors in March, April, June and December. We (and the children in the Children’s Home) were thrilled that a group of junior high students from Fort Collins, CO visited Pignon with a team in March.
- New House: Pastor and Madame began construction of their new house! We are hopeful it will be completed by this summer.
- Partnership Meetings: Denny and Abby traveled to Haiti in both April and June to work on strengthening the partnership between Loving Haiti and Philadelphia Baptist Church in Pignon, a partnership built on trust and respect. Working cross-culturally has its challenges and we work hard to ensure that both parties involved have an equal voice and a deep level of trust with each other. As a result of these trips, the partnership, communication, and trust between Loving Haiti and Philadelphia Baptist Church is stronger than ever before.
- Israel: Pastor and Madame experienced a trip of a lifetime and a dream come true when they traveled to Israel this past November and participated in a 10-day tour of Israel and a three day visit with friends who live in Tel Aviv.
- New Website: Loving Haiti has a new and improved website thanks to the volunteer work of a fellow Loving Haiti supporter, Geoff Dalgas. If you have not done so already, please take time to check it out. www.LovingHaiti.org
- Christmas Trip: Mark and Jill Bell traveled to Haiti over Christmas and spent time loving on the kids, strengthening relationships, helping small business owners and assessing current and future projects. What a joy it was for everyone involved to have Mark and Jill celebrate Christmas with our Haitian ‘family’.
- 26,000 Meals Donated: Mill City Church, in Fort Collins, CO, donated 26,000 high protein dried meals from Meals of Hope. These meals help provide a third meal for all the kids living in the Children’s Home for 2016.
A note from Francois:
Dear my brothers, sisters, friends and supporters,
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!
May more peace, joy, mercy, health, blessing, love, and protection from God be with you all. Thank you so much for your prayers, your love and your support to my ministry in Haiti. The life of the kids and widows has really changed. Also, thank you so much for helping my wife and I visit Israel in November. May the great Father God continue to bless you. Your labor for the Lord will not be in vain. (1: Cor.15.58) Again, thank you.
Love you all,
We consider it a gift, blessing and honor to work alongside and support this beautiful community of people in Pignon, Haiti, whom we love and consider our ‘family.’ Thank you for partnering with us and helping us LOVE Haiti.
Denny & Abby Bain and the Loving Haiti Team